Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Catch Up

     Well....Its been awhile since my last post. I didn't mean to take this long for my next post but time just slipped by.  So I will catch everyone up on what has happened since February.

     I started working at Baxters again and was full time. I was there for awhile and almost was hired on permanent but I was hating working there. So My husband and I talked and I quit once I found a new job. I started working at Lowes in the building supply area and worked there for a couple of weeks as a temporary seasonal associate. I was hired on permanently and switched to the unloader position. I loved it!! The three other people I worked with were great and we had a good time. The job was very physically demanding and it felt good to work that hard. 

     During this time I had to go back onto birthcontrol to regulate my hormones and my cycle. I wasn't going to mess up my body like I did last time. Since we were no where close to having the money needed for IVF we decided we would wait until taxes came back to move forward with that. I also decided to go back to school. While getting things ready for school my aunt told me about a surgery once of her friends had. Ovarian Drilling.  I looked it up and decided to ask my doctor about it. He said we could try it and it would help. We decided to do it!!

     So at the end of July and three weeks before school started I had the surgery. My doctor drilled about 20 holes into each of my ovaries. and He also did another HSG...a test to see if my Fallopian tubes were clear or blocked. They were still very clear. No problems there. My husband and mom were with me and they rock! My husband took four days off of work and then had the weekend as well to stay with me while I recovered. It was pretty painful for the first week but then I felt better pretty quick.  We were given the okay to start fertility treatments again with the next period. :-)

     Since I had the surgery and my ovaries are supposed to respond better to the medication and in general work better.  We decided to try clomid again for another 6 cycles to see if we got pregnant this time.  We were able to do a smaller dose this time too! 150 mg for 5 days instead of 7! I responded well and had multiple eggs each time. But we only did 3 cycles....I couldn't handle anymore and each time a cycle ended someone announced their pregnancy on the day of my big fat negative or the day after when my period would start a day late. Each time....3 times in a row....another person was pregnant and I wasn't. I lost it. I couldn't handle it. I had thought after our previous break I would start over with the stress, the depression, and the horrible feelings of not getting pregnant...NO! I picked up right where I left off.  I just couldn't handle it anymore. 

     We talked to my doctor and since we had already tried Femara the next step was IVF or injectables. Well we were thinking injectables would be cheaper and might work so we asked about doing that. HAHAHAHA....unless we had about 2,000 dollars for each cycle that was not going to happen either. Upon hearing that news I lost it again. (I've been losing it more and more lately) I cried for hours, my eyelids were swollen, and I had a horrible migraine the next day. I even cried the next day too. I don't want to put my one and only dream on hold!

     All this and yes...I went back to school and I am still in school! Needless to stay there have been days when I haven't gone because I keep losing it but my teachers are very understanding and I have made a great group of friends who are very supportive.  I'm in a 2 year program for Hospitality Management and when I am finished I would like to do Event planning.  I love planning weddings, showers, birthday parties, and parties in general! Even fundraisers and events of that nature are fun to plan. I love school so far and I am enjoying being back in it. I had to stop doing the "What If" planning and just plan for the here and now.  

     Now that we are all caught up I will talk about our decision on what to do when taxes come back in my next post.  Buy a house or do IVF????




No comments:

Post a Comment